NCTL is encouraging graduates who are seeking a more rewarding and challenging career with excellent career progression opportunities to find out more about getting into teaching, and to help them do so, is hosting a range of career changer workshops throughout January.
The workshops are designed to provide expert insights into teaching and advise people how to make the transition to a new, fulfilling teaching career. The events are timed for people who might be seeking out a more rewarding and challenging career in the New Year – a time when people traditionally re-evaluate their work life – and will help high quality career changers and graduates explore whether teaching is right for them.
Career changer workshops are being held in Cambridge (14/1), London (15/1), Birmingham (21/1) and Leeds (22/1)
The workshops are designed specifically for career changers who are interested in teaching maths, physics, chemistry, computing, languages, and design and technology (D&T).
At the workshops, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Speak to other likeminded professionals who are thinking about changing their career
- Learn about the benefits from teachers who have already switched
- Hear about the bursaries and scholarships of up to £25,000 available for career changers
- Find out about subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) courses
- Get the answers to all their questions through an panel of experts
- Meet local teacher training providers and learn about the School Direct scheme